In a time where there are numerous impure prickly pear seed oils being passed off as high-quality ones, it is important that consumers are fully aware of this issue.
- The prickly pear seed oil is diluted with water
- The prickly pear seed is mixed with lower-quality oils
- Prickly pear seed oil is deodorised to remove any scent which again lowers the quality of the oil.
- The fruit and the seeds are used to create the prickly pear seed oil instead of just the seeds. All the nutrients and rich antioxidants are contained in the seeds. Hence, using the fruit with the seeds lowers the effectiveness and hence the quality of the resulting oil.
At Saoirse Skincare, we are relentless in our pursuit for 100% pure, premium and high-quality ingredients. We strongly believe in offering transparency in our products and ensuring our products fully reflect our values and principles.
That is why our prickly pear seed oil adheres to the highest quality control standards that is:
- 100% pure, unrefined & unadulterated
- Ethically sourced from certified fair-trade cooperatives
- Certified Organic
- Freshly cold-pressed using only the seeds of the prickly pear
- Sustainably made
- Hand-extracted prickly pear seeds
What does 100% pure prickly pear seed oil look like?
Pure prickly pear seed oil has a dark yellow, borderline very light green colour to it.
What does 100% pure argan oil smell like?
Smells can be highly subjective as can potency. But pure prickly pear seed oil is generally perceived as quite a strong, potent smell, that is very ‘nutty’. However, one should not be put off by the smell. While many can find it a very appealing smell, those who may not care for the strong scent can also enjoy the magnificent benefits this miracle oil has to offer. As a lightweight oil it leaves no ‘nutty’ smell on the skin once applied. It sinks readily into the skin leaving it plump and supple, with no residue and no after-smell.
What does 100% pure prickly pear seed oil feel like?
Pure prickly pear seed oil has a very light and silky texture. It is the epitome of a luxurious oil in every way. It glides smoothly onto the skin and sinks into it with ease leaving it radiant and hydrated.