It is a sad truth to acknowledge, but the current cosmetic market is saturated with low-quality argan oil. This can arise for many reasons:
- The argan oil is diluted with water
- The argan oil is mixed with lower-quality oils
- Argan oil is deodorised to remove any scent which again lowers the quality of the oil.
- The argan kernels used in the production of argan oil are obtained from animal waste. Goats will often climb the argan tree and feed on the argan fruits, often spitting out, regurgitating or excreting the argan nuts. These nuts are then collected and pressed to make argan oil. This resulting argan oil is of much lower quality and does not deliver the marvellous benefits a high quality argan oil will. In addition, argan nuts excreted by goats often give the argan oil an acidic smell that is unpleasant.
At Saoirse Skincare, we are relentless in our pursuit for 100% pure, premium and high-quality ingredients. We strongly believe in offering transparency in our products and ensuring our products fully reflect our values and principles.
That is why our argan oil adheres to the highest quality control standards that is:
- 100% pure, unrefined & unadulterated
- Non-deodorised & freshly cold-pressed
- Not collected/extracted from animal waste
- Certified Fair-Trade & Ethically Sourced
- Certified Organic
- Freshly cold-pressed using only the seeds of the prickly pear
- Sustainably made
- Hand-harvested, hand-picked and hand-crushed argan nuts
What does 100% pure argan oil look like?
There are many reasons argan oil is known as liquid gold. Its name is also inspired by the beautiful light golden colour it emits. Pure argan oil has a light-yellow tone to it.
What does 100% pure argan oil smell like?
Smells can be highly subjective as can potency. But pure argan oil is generally perceived as having a light, almost ‘nutty’ smell. It should not be overpowering. Any argan oil that has an overwhelming or rancid smell should be avoided.
What does 100% pure argan oil feel like?
Pure argan oil should feel smooth and lights that sinks effortlessly into the skin. Its beautiful golden texture constitutes an additional reason why this remarkable oil is considered a luxury.